HP Encryption SAN Switch
Data center-proven infrastructure for storage
Please visit our HPE's Servers & Storage site for the latest HPE's storage products
Managing operational risk by protecting valuable digital assets has become increasingly critical in today's enterprise IT environments. In addition to achieving compliance with regulatory mandates and meeting industry standards for data confidentiality, IT organizations must also protect against potential litigation and liability following a reported breach.
The HP Encryption SAN Switch scales non-disruptively, providing 48 Gbit/sec of encryption processing power to meet the needs of the most demanding environments with flexible, on-demand performance. It also is tightly integrated with HP Secure Key Manager and HP Enterprise Secure Key Manager which provide centralized enterprise-class key management systems across distributed environments. The HP Secure Key Manager and HP Enterprise Secure Key Manager enable simple yet secure key sharing between multiple sites for a variety of uses. The capabilities of the HP Secure Key Manager and the HP Enterprise Secure Key Manager and their integration with the Encryption SAN Switch enable secure and automated key sharing between multiple sites ensuring transparent access to encrypted data.
The storage fabric enables centralized management to support nearly every aspect of the data center, from server environments and workstations to edge computing and backup environments. As a result, it is an ideal place to standardize and consolidate a holistic data-at-rest security strategy. Organizations can also implement this type of best-practice methodology in other parts of the data center, helping to protect data throughout the enterprise.
The Encryption SAN Switch is based on industry standards for data-at-rest encryption to provide centralized, scalable encryption services that seamlessly integrate into existing B-Series Fabric OS (FOS) environments.
The B-Series fabric-based approach to data encryption scales to meet performance requirements and provides a centralized point of management for storage security and key management. Deployment of the Encryption SAN switch is non-disruptive: Organizations can encrypt data from any switch port without reconfiguring the fabric.
Features and Benefits:
High Performance Encryption for Data-at-Rest
- High performance, scalable fabric-based encryption to enforce data confidentiality and privacy requirements.
- Scales non-disruptively, providing 48 to 96 Gb/s of encryption processing power to meets the needs of the most demanding environments with flexible, on demand performance.
- Industry Standard AES-256 encryption algorithms for both disk and tape on a single security platform for SAN environments.
Central Management for Fabric-Based Encryption
- The vast majority of data from critical applications reside in the SAN – enabling organizations to leverage the existing intelligence layer in the storage fabric for encryption.
- The storage fabric enables centralized management to support nearly every aspect of the data center, from server environments and workstations to edge computing and backup environments. As a result, it is an ideal place to standardize and consolidate a holistic data-at-rest security strategy.
- The HP Encryption SAN Switch and HP Secure Key Manager are integrated to provide Federal Information Processing Standards 140 (FIPS140-2) level 2 compliance to enable trusted key sharing between remote sites in a comprehensive solution.
- Manage and configure using existing and familiar HP Data Center Fabric Manager and CLI management tools, and is easily integrated into existing network infrastructures.
- Based on industry standards, the HP Encryption SAN Switch for data at rest provides centralized scalable encryption services that seamlessly integrate into existing B-series Fabric OS (FOS).
Installation Without Disruption or Changes
- Encrypt data from any switch port without reconfiguring the SAN fabric and implement provisioning without shutting down applications or changing Logical Unit Number (LUN) mapping and LUN masking configurations on the target storage arrays.
- Implement provisioning without shutting down applications or changing Logical Unit Number (LUN) mapping and LUN masking configurations on the target storage arrays.
|HP Encryption SAN Switch|
|Fibre Channel ports||32 ports, universal (E, F, and FL)|
|Number of ports||32 - Fibre Channel|
|Ethernet Ports||Two redundant 1000Base Ethernet ports for clustering and I/O synchronization during rekeying|
|Smart Cards||Master key recovery cards|
|Performance||1.063 Gbit/sec line speed, full duplex; 2.125 Gbit/sec line speed, full duplex; 4.25 Gbit/sec line speed, full duplex; 8.5 Gbit/sec line speed, full duplex. Autosensing of 1 Gbit/sec, 2 Gbit/sec, 4 Gbit/sec, and 8 Gbit/sec port speeds; optionally programmable to fixed port speed. Speed-matching between 1, 2, 4, and 8 Gbit/sec ports.|
|Aggregate switch bandwidth||512 Gb/s; Maximum, depending on model|
|Encryption capability||AES256-XTS block cipher for disk encryption (IEEE 1619- compliant)|
|Protocol supported||Fibre Channel, Routing|
|Data rekeying||Online or offline conversion of data from cleartext to ciphertext; manual or automated rekeying sessions|
|Crypto scalability||Up to 256 target devices; 1024 host ports per encryption|
|Crypto engine||Maximum 48 Gbit/sec hardware processing for disk|
|ISL Trunking||Frame-based trunking with up to eight 8Gb ports per ISL trunk; up to 64 Gbit/sec throughput per ISL trunk|
|Maximum frame size||2112-byte payload|
|Classes of service||Class 2 (unencrypted traffic), Class 3, (encrypted and unencrypted), and Class F (inter-switch frames)|
|Port types||FL_Port, F_Port, E_Port, EX_Port, M_Port (Mirror Port)|
|Data traffic types||Fabric switches supporting unicast, multicast (255 groups), and broadcast|
|Media types||Hot-pluggable, B-Series Branded Small Form Factor Pluggable (SFP), LC connector; Short-Wave Laser (SWL), Long-Wave Laser (LWL); Extended Long- Wave Laser (ELWL); distance depends on fiber-optic cable and port speed. Supports SFP (4/2/1 Gbit/sec) and/or SFP+ (8/4/2 Gbit/sec) optical transceivers.|
|USB||One USB port for system log file downloads or firmware upgrades|
|Fabric services||Simple Name Server (SNS), Registered State Change Notification (RSCN), NTP v3, Reliable Commit Service (RCS), Dynamic Path Selection (DPS), Advanced Zoning (default zoning, port/WWN zoning, broadcast zoning), N_Port ID Virtualization (NPIV), FDMI, Management Server, FSPF, Enhanced Group Management, IPFC, Frame Redirection, Port Fencing, BB credit recovery|
|FIPS certification||FIPS 140-2 Level 3-compliant package|
|Options||SFP media, USB Device|
|Availability features||Hot code load; Ports on demand with no downtime|
|Management software supported||Telnet, HTTP, LDAP, Syslog, SCP, auditing, IP filtering; SNMP v1/v3 (FE MIB, Fibre Channel Management MIB); Advanced Web Tools; HP SAN Network Advisor; SMIS compliant, SMI-S scripting toolkit, Administrative Domains|
|Management protocols and access controls||SSL, SSH v2, HTTPS, RADIUS, Role-Based Access Control (RBAC)|
|SAN security||DH-CHAP (between switches and end devices), port binding, switch binding, secure RPC, trusted switch, change tracking|
|Diagnostics||POST and embedded online/offline diagnostics, including RAStrace logging, environmental monitoring, non-disruptive daemon restart, FCping and Pathinfo (FC traceroute), Port Mirroring (SPAN port)|
|Key management||HP Secure Key Manager, HP Enterprise Secure Key Manager|
|Software (optional)||Power Pack+ Software Bundle, SAN Network Advisor software, Integrated Routing|
|Dimensions and Weight|
|Enclosure||Non-port to port side airflow; 2U, 19-inch EIA-compliant, power from non-port side|
(W x D x H)
|16.9 x 25.5 x 3.4 in|
|Temperature||Operating: 0° to 40° C (32° to 104° F)
Non-operating: -25° to 70° C (-13° to 158° F)
|Humidity||Operating: 10 to 85 percent non-condensing|
|Altitude||Operating: Up to 3000 meters (9842 feet)
Storage: Up to 12 kilometers (39,370 feet)
|Shock||Operating: 20 g, 6 ms half-sine
Non-operating: 33 g, 11 ms, 3/eg Axis
|Vibration||Operating: 0.5 g sine, 0.4 grms random, 5 to 500 Hz
Non-operating: 2.0 g sine, 1.1 grms random, 5 to 500 Hz
|Maximum||76 CFM (cu. ft./min)|
|Maximum output||347 Watts with 32 8Gb ports|
|Nominal input voltage||260 Watts|
|Input line frequency||85- 264 VAC, Universal|
|Minimum input voltagey||47 - 63 Hz|
|Maximum input voltage||85 VAC|
|Base crypto model||Encryption SAN Switch, 32 Fibre Channel ports, 48 Gbit/sec* maximum hardware encryption processing|
|Differentiator||Encryption SAN Switch with 32 active ports RoHS2 Compliant|
|Warranty - year(s) (parts/labor/onsite)||2/2/2|
|What's in the box||Encryption SAN Switch with 32 active ports 48 Gb/s of encryption processing power rackmount kit accessory kit (enterprise safety and regulatory information, installation guide, rack-mounting instructions), power cords, serial cable, base software of Advanced Fabric OS, Advanced Web Tools, EGM, Advanced Zoning, and SAN Network Advisor Professional|
*Actual encryption performance levels vary based upon user environment and configuration
HP Technology Services:
HP Care Pack Services recommended for optimal satisfaction of all deployments of your product.
3-Year HP Support Plus 24 - 24x7x365 hardware and software services - plus cost-saving software updates and more
- HP Support Plus 24 helps you increase performance and availability with comprehensive, consistent hardware and software services. Working with your IT team, HP Services engineers deliver onsite hardware support and over-thephone software support around-the-clock 365 days per year. Service coverage encompasses HP products and selected multivendor hardware and software.
- In addition, this convenient HP Care Pack packaged service makes software updates available to you at substantial savings.
- Choose Support Plus 24 when you need to:
- Improve uptime with responsive hardware and software services available anytime
- Cost-effectively obtain expert 24x7 multivendor hardware and software support
- Enjoy consistent service coverage across geographically dispersed sites
- Update HP and selected third-party software at a predictable cost
- Take advantage of subscription savings on software updates
HP SAN Solution Service - Get your SAN implementation right - right from the start.
- Storage has become essential to the growth and agility of your business. That's why choosing an HP SAN as your data management solution is a smart business decision. But your SAN can deliver the results you need only if it is implemented correctly and integrated with your business.
- SAN installation, startup, and integration call for specialized expertise in planning and design, hardware configuration, network software installation, and operability verification. Your SAN needs to be configured for high performance and availability. And it needs to be integrated with your applications, management environment, and business processes.
|Product Number||Product Name||Service Name||Care Pack Services Product # and Band||Alternate Care Pack Services Product #|
|AR944B||Encryption SAN Switch||3-Year HP Support Plus 24||HA110A3#4SB||Contact your HP sales rep or Channel Partner for assistance|
|AR944B||Encryption SAN Switch||HP SAN Solution Service||Contact your HP sales rep or Channel Partner for assistance||Contact your HP sales rep or Channel Partner for assistance|
HP Assessment Service for SANs
- The HP Assessment Service for SANs offers customized technical and operational guidance to customers employing HP storage subsystems and the interconnecting storage area network (SAN) infrastructure. In a typical engagement, HP or one of our authorized business partners will perform a detailed discovery using HP's proprietary toolset to gain an understanding of the configuration of your storage devices and SAN topology.
- The findings from this process will be compared to HP best practices and industry standards as defined by IT Service Management (ITSM) disciplines. The results of the evaluation will be quickly and efficiently processed into information you can leverage. This information, in the form of a comprehensive HP SAN Assessment report, will be summarized by HP or one of our authorized business partners with recommendations that are intended to improve availability levels and ongoing management of your storage and SAN environment.
Download the HP Encryption SAN Switch QuickSpecs (PDF).