HP SN6000 Stackable 8Gb Fibre Channel Switch
HP H-series Fibre Channel Switch Portfolio
Please visit our HPE's Servers & Storage site for the latest HPE's storage products
Contact us for pricing!
HP SN6000 Stackable 8Gb Fibre Channel Switches are designed to make enterprise SANs affordable and easy to use, especially as the network expands. With low-cost, high-performance scalability in mind, each SN6000 switch features eight (single power supply model) or 20 enabled device ports (single- or dual-power supply models) supporting 8/4/2 Gbps speeds, plus four high-speed 10/20 Gbps stacking ports for linking SN6000 switches.
Included SAN Connection Manager (SCM) enterprise software enables network management and storage provisioning from a single screen. Transparent Router functionality, standard in HP H-series switches (SN6000 and 8/20q), provides seamless, non-disruptive access to servers and storage on HP B-series and C-series SANs. Adaptive Trunking technology comes standard as well, eliminating the need for costly trunking licenses and providing optimal performance between connected switches.
Transparent Router offers non-disruptive access to servers and storage on HP B-series and C-series SANs. The SN6000 makes it easy to extend the solution lifespan while preserving investments.
Begin with one SN6000 switch with eight or 20 enabled device ports for an affordable solution, and then add new ports and switches for up to 120 usable device ports per stack (single manageable unit) or 500+ ports in multi-stack topologies. Included 10 Gbps stacking ports may be upgraded to 20 Gbps speed at any time, extending the solution lifespan while preserving current investments.
HP H-series Switches
The HP H-series Fibre Channel switch portfolio makes installing your first SAN (or your hundredth) easy. An entire SAN may now be deployed in minutes. SAN novices and seasoned experts alike, whether installing the 8/20q or SN6000 switch, will appreciate the simplicity and power of the included SCM enterprise software. SCM works seamlessly with HP HBAs, HP Enterprise Virtual Array, and HP Modular Storage Array (MSA) to handle common crossplatform management and maintenance tasks quickly. In addition, all HP H-series switches include Adaptive Trunking technology to keep communications between switches in constant balance. Adaptive Trunking eliminates the need for the expensive trunking licenses that are required with other FC switch solutions.
Features and Benefits:
Build a Scalable SAN with Less Hardware and Less Complexity
- 8 to 20 enabled 8 Gb/s ports (Single power supply) model, and 20 enabled 8 Gb/s ports (dual power supply) model for high availability.
- No need to waste FC device ports for ISL connections as is the case for competitor's switches. Each 10 Gb/s/20 Gb/s Stacking (ISL) port, unique to the SN6000, provides 3X the bandwidth of a device port for industry leading performance.
- Easily scale and stack up to six SN6000 8Gb FC Switches for 120 ports and manage as a single logical unit. Multi-stack topologies of SN6000 switches support large enterprise SANs with >500+ device ports.
- The simplicity of the SN6000 to add FC ports easily scales from SMB to enterprise, which allows SN6000 stacking 8Gb switches to provide significant cost savings compared to more expensive FC directors for core switching applications.
- Stacking enables networks with simpler topologies and fewer cables to manage.
- Industry leading ASIC technology provides superior switching, less than 200ns latency, ensuring optimal performance in enterprise environments.
- The 20 Gb/s Stacking port upgrade option lets you defer costs until greater bandwidth is needed. The non-disruptive upgrade only requires an optional license. The same stacking cable is used for 10 Gb/s or 20 Gb/s functionality.
- Adaptive trunking provides performance optimization in multi-switch environments; and offers significant cost savings compared to competitors FC switches where adaptive trunking is an expensive optional license purchase per switch, increasing the total cost of the solution.
- 544 Gbps aggregate bandwidth per switch provides more bandwidth per investment dollar.
- The SN6000 delivers maximum SFP (optics) flexibility by supporting cost effective HP standard SFP 4 Gbps and SFP+ 8 Gbps optics.
Gain Operationally Efficiencies with HP Unique SAN Management Software
- SAN Connection Manager (SCM), included with H-series, lets you deploy SAN infrastructure (SN6000, P6000/EVA, P2000/MSA, HBAs) and provision storage from a single screen. Enterprise Fabric Management Suite Software delivers affordable SAN management tools such as performance monitoring and more.
- Another point for the converged infrastructure, SCM integrates with HP Virtual Connect and HP VCEM to simplify SAN management for virtual server deployment in the Converged Infrastructure. Manage HP BladeSystem c-Class, switches, HBA and storage via one management interface.
- Very simple drag-and-drop zoning using SCM– eliminates the complexity of SAN administration.
- Adaptive trunking is included with H-series purchase and automatically (no manual intervention required) pools I/O capability of the stacking ports and multiple ISLs, at the same speed, into a single load-balanced pipeline for full bandwidth optimization. No additional software costs.
- IO StreamGuard, included with the purchase price of a H-series FC switch, eliminates fabric disruptions when adding and removing devices.
- Unique feature for HP only. Transparent Router (TR) – Industry standard NPIV provides low cost expansion and connectivity with existing HP B-series and C-series fabrics and enables cost-effective SAN expansion with management simplicity.
- The SN6000 and 8/20q switches, H-series SAN switches, can be seamlessly integrated with device ports changed to ISLs.
|HP SN6000 Stackable 8Gb Fibre Channel Switches|
|Fibre Channel ports||8 Gb/s Fibre Channel; 10 Gb/s Stacking (ISL)|
|Number of ports||
|Aggregate switch bandwidth||544 Gbps|
|Protocol support||Fibre Channel|
|HBA support||(4) HP 81Q HBAs included in the HP P2000 G3 FC MSA Dual Controller Small Business SAN Starter Kit; support for HP (QLogic, Emulex, Brocade) 4 Gb and 8 Gb; PCIe and PCI-X HBAs and mezzanine cards|
|Servers supported||HP BladeSystem c-Class; HP ProLiant ML, DL, and SL; and HP Integrity|
|Media types||8 Gbps Small Form-Factor Pluggable+ (SFP+); 4 Gbps SFP optical transceivers; 10 Gb/20 Gb XPAK copper and optical transceivers|
|Upgradability||(4) 10 Gbps stacking (ISL) ports, upgradable to 20 Gbps; 8-enabled-device-port model, upgradable to 20 enabled device ports with 4-port licenses|
|Models available||8- and 20-enabled-device-port, 4-stacking-port (ISL); single-power-supply and dual-power-supply models (20 enabled device ports); single-power-supply model (8 enabled device ports)|
|Availability features||(1) Replaceable power-supply module, Optional: Hot-swappable 8 Gbps SFP+ and 4 Gbps SFP optical interface, Hot-swappable 10 Gb/20 Gb XPAK copper and optical transceiver, Non-Disruptive Code Load and Activation (NDCLA), Non-Disruptive Port License Activation, (2) switches for redundancy|
|Management features||SAN Connection Manager (SCM) software, QuickTools, Command Line Interface, SMI-S v1.1 provider, SNMP, GS-4 Management Server (including FDMI), FTP, TFTP, RADIUS, Enterprise Fabric Management Suite (EFMS)|
|Software (required)||Recommended— SAN Connection Manager (SCM)|
|Software (optional)||Enterprise Fabric Management Suite (EFMS)|
|Dimensions and Weight|
(W x D x H)
|8.43 x 26.18 x 23.43 in|
|Differentiator||12-24 ports active (8 device ports and (4) dedicated stacking ports), single power supply, no SFPs included, RoHS2 Compliant|
|Warranty - year(s) (parts/labor/onsite)||1/1/1|
|What's in the box||SN6000 Stackable Single Power Supply Fibre Channel Switch with (12-24) active ports, rack-mount kit, SAN Connection Manager software entitlement, PDU power cord, country-specific power cord, serial cable, license, docs|
HP Technology Services:
When you buy H-series switches, the HP P2000 G3 FC MSA Dual Controller Small Business SAN Starter Kit, or the 8Gb Simple SAN Connection Kit, it's also a good time to think about what level of service and support you may need. To help take the worry out of deploying and managing your environment, we've designed a portfolio of service options that are as flexible, scalable, and affordable as your storage.
- 3-year HP Support Plus 24 Service
Provides integrated hardware and software support services designed specifically for your technology. HP Services engineers deliver reactive onsite hardware support and over-the-phone software support around the clock.
- HP SAN Solution Service
A scalable service providing specialized expertise in storage area network planning and configuration. Service helps ensure that your SAN is configured for high performance and availability and is integrated with your applications, management environment, and business.
- 3-year HP Proactive 24 (P24) for SANs
Offers an integrated hardware and software support solution designed to help you resolve interoperability issues in your SAN environment.
- HP Assessment for SANs Service
Offers customized technical and operational guidance to customers with a deployed SAN infrastructure, and provides recommendations to help improve availability levels and ongoing management of your SAN environment.
- HP Critical Service (CS)
HP CS is a comprehensive support solution designed for businesses that run mission-critical applications where any downtime causes a significant business impact.
Download the HP H-series Fibre Channel Switch Portfolio Datasheet (PDF).
Contact us for pricing!