HP StoreOnce 2900 24TB Backup
Affordable entry-level backup appliance
Please visit our HPE's Servers & Storage site for the latest HPE's storage products
Has unpredictable data growth resulted in management complexity and risk? HP StoreOnce Backup systems with StoreOnce Catalyst software provide a consistent, high-performance scale-out backup architecture that spans the entire enterprise and Federated Catalyst that can reduce management in large environments. You can reduce the amount of backup data you need to store by 95% and choose between powerful dedicated appliances for larger offices and data centers, and flexible virtual appliances for smaller and remote offices.
Industry leading backup and restore speeds mean that you can meet shrinking backup windows and recovery SLAs. Plus, with HP StoreOnce as the industry’s only federated deduplication technology, you can dedupe anywhere and control the movement of dehydrated data across the enterprise using your backup application.
Seamlessly integrating with your current backup applications, StoreOnce Backup provides flexible integration for SAN, Ethernet and virtualized environments.
Features and Benefits:
Industry-leading, Scale-out Architecture to Meet Enterprise Requirements
- Scale-out architecture allows you to pay as you grow. Choose capacity points available through virtual backup solutions or dedicated appliances that start small and allow you to add in virtual capacity, shelves or nodes.
- With a range of capacity points to suit all requirements from small remote offices to enterprise data centers with centralized monitoring through StoreOnce Enterprise Manager.
- For enterprise data centers the StoreOnce 6500 scales from 120 TB raw (72 TB usable) to 2240 TB raw (1728 TB usable). With StoreOnce Federated Catalyst whose benefit is that it reduces the number of stores, and management, of large environments.
- For mid-size data centers choose StoreOnce 2900, scale from 24 TB raw (15.5 TB usable) to 24 TB raw (31.5 TB usable) or StoreOnce 4500 or 4700 to scale from 24 TB raw (16 TB usable) to 192 TB raw (160 TB usable), or StoreOnce 4900 to scale from 60 TB raw (36 TB usable) to 560 TB raw (432 TB usable).
- For small and remote offices choose the StoreOnce VSA virtual appliance, now with support for KVM, it is licensed at 4 TB, 10 TB and 50 TB capacity points. Or the entry-level StoreOnce 2900 appliance for 8 TB raw (5.5 TB usable).
Federated Deduplication Across the Enterprise with a Single Deduplication Technology - StoreOnce
- Deduplicate anywhere -- at the application source or at the backup server or at the target appliance. Deduplicate where it makes sense for your business, not where technology vendors’ limitations mandate.
- Save time and money by moving data around the enterprise in its deduplicated state.
- HP StoreOnce delivers a unified solution for seamless data movement across the enterprise; with cost-effective virtual backup machines ideal for smaller remote offices, high-performance dedicated appliances for larger sites, and highly scalable, powerful systems for your data center.
- Federated Deduplication is available across the HP StoreOnce Backup portfolio – including dedicated appliances, virtual backup solutions, and on media servers and application servers with HP Data Protector, Symantec NetBackup and Backup Exec software through OST, Oracle RMAN and BridgeHead software.
- HP StoreOnce Federated Catalyst in a multi-node system allows Catalyst stores to span nodes simplifying backup management and optimizing available storage in large environments.
Backup within your Window with our Industry Leading Backup Performance
- A broad range of superior price/performance points to meet backup windows across the enterprise.
- Up to 100 TB/hour backup speeds at the high-end, with price/performance points down to the entry-level 1 TB/hour with StoreOnce Catalyst.
- Up to 40 TB/hour native backup speeds when used as a VTL target.
- Up to 40 TB/hour industry leading restore speeds. StoreOnce Backup restores at the same speed as native ingest.
- Available as purpose built backup appliances or flexible VMware virtual appliance with centralized monitoring through StoreOnce Enterprise Manager.
Automated, Efficient Backup and Disaster Recovery Operations with StoreOnce Catalyst
- Manage backup and Disaster Recovery operations from a single pane of glass with StoreOnce Catalyst.
- Implement Disaster Recovery plans that were not previously feasible due to lack of multi-site capabilities, cost of bandwidth and time.
- One-to-many Disaster Recovery moves data simultaneously from one site to many sites.
- Cascaded Disaster Recovery moves data sequentially from one site to any number of other sites.
- Alerting and trending in StoreOnce Enterprise Manager to enable backup capacity management.
|HP StoreOnce 2900 (BB910A)|
|Drive description||(6) LFF SAS|
|Drive type||4 TB 6G 7.2K LFF Dual-port MDL SAS
2 TB 6G 7.2K LFF Dual-port MDL SAS
2 TB 3G 7.2K LFF Dual-port MDL SAS
Supported, depending on model
|Host interface||10 GbE (2) Port per controller and 1Gb Ethernet (4) Ports per controller Host interface type and number of ports per controller.|
|Transfer rate||5.8 TB/hr Maximum using StoreOnce Catalyst|
|Deduplication||HP StoreOnce deduplication|
|Number of virtual tape libraries and NAS targets||24|
|Number of source appliances, maximum||24|
|Tape device emulated||HP LTO-2/LTO-3/LTO-4/LTO-5/LTO-6 Ultrium Tape Drives in MSL2024 Tape Library, MSL4048 Tape Library, HP D2D generic library with HP D2D generic tape library|
|Target for backup applications||StoreOnce Catalyst, NAS (CIFS/NFS), and iSCSI/FC VTL|
|Storage expansion options||StoreOnce 2900 24 TB Capacity Upgrade kit|
|RAID support||RAID 6|
|Replication support||Yes—HP StoreOnce Replication and StoreOnce Catalyst|
|Dimensions and Weight|
(W x D x H)
|17.54 x 29.5 x 3.44 in|
|Weight||61 lb (base), 111.0 lb (full)|
|Differentiator||Expand from 24 TB to 48 TB of RAW disk storage in a 2U rack-mount form factor offering up to 5.6 TB/hr performance with StoreOnce Catalyst|
|Warranty - year(s) (parts/labor/onsite)||1/1/1|
|What's in the box||StoreOnce 2900 Backup system, (6) 4TB disks, (2) Ethernet cables (Cat 5e) 3m, (2) power cords, installation poster, HP 2900 Backup documentation CD (contains installation wizard, device drivers, and documentation, all localized in multiple languages)|
HP Technology Services:
Choose from a rich portfolio of services to make the most of HP Storage, so you can move with confidence to take full advantage of the broadest, most advanced portfolio in the industry.
Expert HP storage consultants and service professionals—sit down with you and your team to map your storage needs. Not only can we help you accelerate implementation and reduce deployment risk, but we can also help you realize the full value of your storage purchases as you transform storage for the New Style of IT.
Advise, transform, and integrate
- Navigate through the complexities of storage, backup, archive, disaster recovery, and Big Data with advisory, transformation, and integration consulting.
Deploy and implement
- Access expertise to support deployment, operations, relocation, sanitization, and disposal, plus improvement-focused education.
Operate and support
- meet service level agreements (SLAs) with the right support level. Choose from three levels of operate and support care
- Foundation Care
- System-level IT hardware and software support delivers flexible coverage window and response time for more choice and simplicity.
- Proactive Care
- Combined reactive and proactive services provide easy-to-purchase, cost-efficient system-level support coupled with personalized expert advice and products connected to HP to help prevent problems and reduce downtime.
- HP Proactive Care Advanced—builds and incorporates on Proactive Care and also gives customers personalized technical and operational advice from an assigned, local Account Support Manager for personalized technical collaboration, flexible access to specialist skills to help optimize business critical IT, and Enhanced Critical Incident Management to help so the business is not affected if there is a system or device outage.
- Datacenter Care
- Get the support you need to deploy, operate, and evolve your data center environment to be hybrid-cloud ready with single-point-of-accountability for HP and others’ product. Get connected and get back to business—HP Storage Technology Services provide the path to get your HP Storage solutions and your business connected to HP. Once connected, our experts are able to scan your system and run health checks, then use that data to create personalized reports and recommendations for actions to take to prevent problems and downtime.
If none of our support recommendations meets your needs, we can tailor a service solution for your unique support requirements. Only HP brings together deep expertise, proactive and business-critical support, and a strong partner network—plus a full set of infrastructure services designed to power a converged infrastructure.
Download the HP StoreOnce Backup Datasheet (PDF).