Dual Port Converged Network Adapter
The HP Converged Network Adapters (CNAs) are dual port adapters that provide Ethernet, iSCSI, and Fibre Channel (FC) connectivity over 10 GbE using both Fibre Channel over Ethernet (FCoE) and Converged Enhanced Ethernet (CEE) standards. By consolidating Ethernet, iSCSI, and Fibre Channel onto a converged adapter, HP CNAs reduce the number of separate adapters and cables required for your datacenter and also reduce operational, power and cooling costs while preserving existing Ethernet and Fibre Channel infrastructure.
HP CNAs have also been thoroughly tested with HP ProLiant servers and HP Top of Rack (ToR) switches to ensure an optimal HP FCoE solution for your datacenter.
Features and Benefits:
- Combines the functionality of a NIC (Ethernet/iSCSI) and Fibre Channel Host Bus Adapter (FC HBA) onto a single converged adapter reducing the number of adapters and cables thus reducing acquisition and operational costs.
- Sends Fibre Channel data packets via Fibre Channel over Ethernet (FCoE) using Converged Enhanced Ethernet (CEE) functionality ensuring high standards of data integrity and lossless Ethernet.
Provides HP ProLiant Connectivity to Storage and Networks
- Provides an HP-branded Converged Network Adapter solution which has undergone extensive HP interoperability testing for connecting HP ProLiant servers into storage and networking environments.
- Optimal for connecting into the HP Top of Rack (ToR) A5820-14XG-SFP+ Switch FCoE Module as well as B-series and C-series FCoE Converged Network Switches.
- Choose between SFP+ SR (optical) or direct attach copper cable connectivity allowing maximum flexibility in connecting to HP FCoE Converged Network Switches.
|HP CN1000E (AW520B)|
|Port speed||10 GbE Converged Enhanced Ethernet (CEE)|
|Compatible operating systems||
|FCoE switch supported||HP A5820X-SFP+ Switches; HP B-series Converged Network Switches; Cisco Nexus 5000 Converged Network Switches|
|Compatible array platforms||
|Cabling type||SFP+ Ethernet Optical Modules or Direct Attach Copper|
|Dimensions and Weight|
(W x D x H)
|12 x 8.5 x 4.5 in|
|Differentiator||Dual Port 10 GbE PCIe Converged Network Adapter RoHS2 Compliant|
|Warranty - year(s) (parts/labor/onsite)||3/0/0|
|What's in the box||CNA and low profile bracket|