HP MPX200 Multifunction Router
Please visit our HPE's Servers & Storage site for the latest HPE's storage products
As mid-range and enterprise businesses grow and deploy more physical/virtual servers and storage arrays, the amount of information required to manage, share, and protect IT resources continues to grow. The HP MPX200 Multifunction Router provides multi-protocol flexibility and unified SAN-based block storage which includes 10GbE and 1GbE iSCSI target support (3PAR StoreServ 10000/7000, TClass/F-Class, P6000/EVA, XP24000/20000), 8Gb FC connectivity, and FCoE target support (3PAR StoreServ 10000/7000, T-Class/FClass, P6000/EVA) in one integrated solution. Multiprotocol connectivity is available for multiple 3PAR StoreServ 10000/7000, TClass/F-Class, P6000/EVA, and P9000/XP storage systems, without incurring additional software management costs. The MPX200 includes 1GbE Fibre Channel over IP (FCIP) for remote replication with 3PAR StoreServ Storage Remote Copy and P6000/EVA/ P9000/XP Continuous Access. Adding FCIP support is easy with an optional license. In addition, FCoE for converged infrastructure trials and beta testing or live deployment is enabled on MPX200, at no charge. MPX200 delivers high-speed, up to 8TB/Hr per chassis, online/offline heterogeneous data migration for 3PAR StoreServ 10000/7000, T-Class/F-Class Storage, P6000/EVA, P9000/XP, SVSP and more. The MPX200 Data Migration License provides a powerful tool for migrating data from old to new arrays, from other vendors to HP. The Data Migration capability also provides the capability to migrate normal provisioned (thick) LUNs to thin provisioned storage saving space while reducing storage costs. The MPX200 enables modular multi-protocol SAN designs with increased scalability, stability, ROI and simpler to manage, secure storage solutions for virtualized server environments. The MPX200 scales from SMB to enterprise-class providing high-availability with dual hot-pluggable power supplies, fans, non-disruptive code load and dual router blades for no single point of failure. The MPX200 1U design allows for integration the same rack with a P6000/EVA storage system and other HP or non-HP arrays. IT environments can connect up to 4 3PAR StoreServ 10000/7000, T-Class/F-Class, P6000/EVA, or XP24000/20000 storage systems to a single MPX200 for iSCSI, reducing the complexity and cost of iSCSI connectivity. Modular multiprotocol SAN designs using the MPX200 increase scalability, stability, and ROI of your storage infrastructure.
The MPX200 Multifunction Router enables organizations to integrate and consolidate low-cost Ethernet connected servers with 3PAR StoreServ 10000/7000, T-Class/F-Class, P6000/EVA, and XP24000/20000 arrays by bridging the iSCSI protocol to the Fibre Channel protocol. This capability allows iSCSI servers to leverage shared SAN resources, improving asset utilization and application deployment while reducing costs. P6000/EVA with multi-protocol support and unique integration with HP P6000 Command View provides network storage at reduced infrastructure costs. Small and medium businesses now have a lower entry point to take advantage of SAN benefits. Large enterprises can deploy multi-protocol SANs easier and cost effectively in departments and remote offices. New RoHS compliant HP Multifunction Router
NOTE: Restriction of Hazardous Substances Directive or RoHS is a directive adopted by the European Union that restricts the use of certain hazardous materials in the manufacture of various types of electronic and electrical equipment. The ROHS compliant products with new part numbers listed in this document are functionally equivalent to the corresponding products with old part numbers and are fully interchangeable.
Features and Benefits:
SAN Based Unified Block Storage and Converged Infrastructure (FCoE)
- MPX200 allows easy deployment of VM by supporting 300-600 iSCSI initiator connections to P6000/EVA, XP24000/20000 and P10000/3PAR. Each VM can secure and manage its own LUNs; therefore existing storage management software and policies can be seamlessly maintained throughout the VM deployment.
- Enables Unified Block Storage by consolidating multiple workloads (iSCSI & FCoE, 1GbE/10GbE iSCSI Servers and FCIP SAN over WAN)onto a single storage platform.
- Up to four P6000/EVA, P10000/3PAR, or XP24000/20000 arrays can be connected through a single MPX200. Servers can then connect to the arrays using freely available iSCSI initiators thus leveraging existing Ethernet networks to deliver SAN-like benefits and to attach servers to SAN storage.
- MPX200 is uniquely integrated with HP Command View EVA to manage via a single simple integrated GUI for iSCSI, Fibre Channel and FCoE P6000/EVA connectivity. Connect with Converged infrastructure via FCoE to conduct FCoE trials before real-time deployment and take advantage of lower cost Ethernet.
- MPX200 supports simultaneous iSCSI (EVA, XP and P10000/3PAR), FC and FCoE connectivity resulting in increased storage consolidation and ideal for converged infrastructure.
Enterprise Class High Availability
- The MPX200 enterprise-class availability design is economical and provides dual hot-plug power supplies and router blades for no single point of failure requirements.
- All MPX200 configuration information is mirrored between the dual redundant blades and the unique addressing information which is stored in the chassis (MAC address, WWN, etc.). This provides for seamless blade replacement without the need to update zoning or configuration specific files.
- MPX200 can be used to provide 1GbE, 10GbE iSCSI connectivity to HP P6000/EVA, XP24000/20000 and P10000/3PAR. Check HP SPOCK for support details.
Fibre Channel over IP (FCIP) for SAN over WAN Support
- MPX200 provides FCIP functionality enabling customers to connect local and remote SAN's with low cost remote data replication over IP networks using HP Continuous Access P9000/XP and P6000/EVA and P10000/3PAR Remote Copy Software.
- Customers can deploy MPX200 to provide iSCSI and FCIP connectivity simultaneously. By using the same hardware to perform both functions, customers save money on ports, SFP's, cables and rack space.
High Performance and Simplified Heterogeneous Local and Remote Data Migration
- MPX200 acts like a data migration appliance to help customers migrate their data at a very high speed between heterogeneous storage arrays using a user friendly data migration GUI, supports P6000/EVA, P9000/XP, P10000/3PAR, P4000 and a number of third party storage systems.
- Unique fan-in/fan-out pricing model, allows customers to migrate data off multiple storage arrays to a single storage array or vice versa in a cost effective manner.
- Customers can deploy MPX200 to provide iSCSI connectivity and perform offline data migration simultaneously.
- Remote data migration support is available to simplify data migration from a local data center to a remote data center, and data migration is supported on P6000/EVA, P9000/XP, P10000/3PAR, P4000, SVSP arrays and heterogeneous arrays. See HP SPOCK for actual supported configurations.
|HP MPX200 Multifunction Router|
|Number of ports||
|Array Connectivity Mode||
|Maximum Number of MPX200 Multifunction Router blades||2 MPX200 Multifunction Router blades supported per EVA (recommended for redundancy).|
|Maximum Number of storage systems||4 Fibre Channel storage systems (for iSCSI/FCoE target support) per MPX200|
|Management Software Support||Configure FC LUNs and iSCSI LUNs through P6000/EVA Command View v9.1.x and above.|
|Host Platform Support||Any server running supported OS|
|Cluster Support||Yes, Microsoft Failover Cluster, MSCS|
|Fibre Channel Interface||Two optical ports - 8 Gb/s|
|FC Transceiver||8 or 4 Gb/s SFP supported; 8Gb/s @ 8 Gb/s, 4Gb/s, and 2Gb/s speed; 4Gb/s @ 4Gb/s and 2Gp/s speed|
|FC Connectivity Mode||Fabric attached Optical, connected as an N-Port|
|iSCSI Initiator Support||
|iSCSI Network Card Support||
|TCP/IP Offload Engine Support (TOE)||
|FCoE CNA Support||
|iSCSI Boot||Linux, Windows, VMware|
|Max. Pending Commands||Default value of 256|
|Maximum Host Connection Design Limits for iSCSI||Architectural Limits:1024 connections, 1024 iSCSI sessions, 64 targets, 1024 LUNs per target maximum and 4096 total LUNs per chassis.|
|Compatible operating systems||
|Dimensions and Weight|
(W x D x H)
|8.5 x 21.5 x 1.57 in|
|Temperature||Operating: 41° to 104° F (5° to 40° C )
Non-operating: -40 to 158°F (-25 to 70°C)
|Humidity||Operating: 5 to 90%, non-condensing
Non-operating: 5 to 93%, non-condensing
|Altitude||Operating: 3 km
Non-operating: 15 km
|Shock||Operating: IEC 68-2, 4g, 11ms, 20 repetitions
Non-operating: IEC 68-3, 30g, 292 ips, 3 repetitions, 3
|Vibration||Operating: IEC 68-2, 5-500Hz, random, 0.21G rms, 10 minutes
Non-operating: IEC 68-2, 5-500Hz, random, 2.09G rms, 10 minutes
|Power and Cooling|
|Power AC input maximum||2.5A@100-125 VAC; 1.25A@200-240 VAC|
|Frequency Range||47 to 63 Hz|
|Nominal Frequency Range||50 Hz to 60 Hz|
|Power Dissipation||275W maximum (optics included)|
|Differentiator||(2) 8 Gb/sec FC ports, (2) 10GbE ports plus additional (2) 1GbE ports. Includes (1) chassis, (1) 10-1 GbE blade, rail kit, accessory kit and documentation. Includes redundant power supplies, RoHS2 Compliant|
|Warranty - year(s) (parts/labor/onsite)||1/1/1|
|What's in the box||Includes (1) chassis, (1) 10 GbE blade, redundant power and cooling modules, rail kit, accessory kit, and documentation. NOTE: Requires optical FC and 10 GbE SFP+ transceivers and cables. Check quick specs for support information.|
HP Technology Services:
HP Care Pack Services recommended for optimal satisfaction of all deployments of your product.
3-Year HP Support Plus 24
For a higher return on your storage investment, HP Support Plus 24 provides integrated hardware and software support services designed specifically for your technology. Available 24X7, this 3-year combined reactive support option delivers onsite hardware support and over-the-phone software support around-the-clock. Leverage the full strength of HP Technology Services - IT can trust the services professionals at HP to work collaboratively with them, putting our strategic and technical know-how across their entire infrastructure.
- Improve uptime with responsive hardware and software services.
- Enjoy consistent service coverage across geographically dispersed sites.
- Update HP software at a predictable cost
- Increase customer satisfaction-with no interoperability gaps.
HP Enhanced Implementation Service for SAN's
For IT environments that are building a new SAN or expanding their existing one, we offer the HP Enhanced Implementation Service for SANs. This provides complete design and implementation services for Fibre Channel, FCOE, FCIP, SAS and iSCSI SAN connectivity components. Covering all major SAN connectivity technologies including virtual as well as physical hosts, no competitor offers a more complete end to end SAN design and implementation service, ensuring comprehensive optimal SAN connectivity tailored to your specific environment.
- Ensures optimal SAN connectivity tailored to your specific environment.
- Allows your IT resources to stay focused on their core tasks and priorities.
- Reduces implementation time, impact and risk to your storage environment.
- Helps ensure a successful implementation for complex deployments by providing HP project management.
Additional Services that will enhance the user experience in many product deployments.
3-Year HP Proactive 24 for SANs
As an alternative to our recommended support level, for IT environments that demand enhanced operational effectiveness and proactive problem identification.
HP Proactive 24 Service (P24) integrates hardware and software support to help you improve the stability and operational effectiveness of your IT environment. An HP Account Manager acts as your primary point of contact to ensure that HP meets your support needs effectively.
P24 provides the maximum value when multiple technologies in the environment (e.g. servers, storage, SAN and the network), are all covered. It provides an environment-wide view and consistent support of all of these components which affect stability of your key applications.
Choose P24 when you want to:
- Enhance operational effectiveness with proactive problem identification and recommendations from HP.
- Partner with technical experts who help coordinate support, provide hands-on assistance, and share knowledge with your staff.
- Rapidly access support and expertise spanning your environment.
- Obtain personalized services tailored to your business environment and critical success factors.
- Anticipate necessary change - and execute it correctly the first time.
- Efficiently manage infrastructure resources to meet your performance objectives.
HP Assessment Service for SANs
For IT environments interested in improving availability of their SAN and decreasing potential for unplanned downtime:
The HP Assessment Service for SANs offers customized technical and operational guidance to IT employing HP storage subsystems and the interconnecting storage area network (SAN) infrastructure. In a typical engagement, HP or one of our authorized business partners will perform a detailed discovery using HP's proprietary toolset to gain an understanding of the configuration of your storage devices and SAN topology.
The findings from this process will be compared to HP best practices and industry standards as defined by IT Service Management (ITSM) disciplines. The results of the evaluation will be quickly and efficiently processed into information you can leverage. This information, in the form of a comprehensive HP SAN Assessment report, will be summarized by HP or one of our authorized business partners with recommendations that are intended to improve availability levels and ongoing management of your storage and SAN environment.
HP Storage and Data Migration Service
Migrating to a new SAN platform? Concerned about losing irreplaceable data and disrupting your ongoing operations?
HP Storage and Data Migration Services help you lessen the risk of data loss; minimize threats to data integrity and more during your move. Let an HP experienced storage specialist rapidly and securely migrate within your data center or across the globe.
Download the HP MPX200 Multifunction Router QuickSpecs (PDF).