HP Storage Replication Software - HP MSA Storage
Array-Based and Host-Based Replication Software
HP offers array-based and host-based replication software for use in disaster recovery, testing, application development and reporting.
HP MSA Remote Snap Software
Having difficulty with replication tasks and disaster recovery? HP P2000 Array System Remote Snap Software offers controller-based, asynchronous replication technology that provides local or remote replication among the HP P2000 G3 MSA Arrays. HP Remote Snap functionality is based on existing Snapshot technology offered by HP MSA2000 SAN Array products.
Snapshots are used to track the data to be replicated as well as to determine the differences in data updated on the master volume, minimizing the amount of data to be transferred. Supporting both Ethernet and Fibre Channel interconnects provides flexible options to your application environments.
Protect your investment with Snapshot based replication enabling local and remote recovery based on need. Leveraging the integrated 64-Snapshots and the Volume Copy standard on the P2000 G3 MSA Array, the Remote Snap cost-effectively creates the local or remote copies.
Array-based Remote Replication
- With controller-based snapshots there is no detrimental impact to the host application performance.
- Remote Snap is based on existing Snapshot technology from HP MSA2000 SAN Array products. The Snapshots are used for tracking data to be replicated and to determine the differences in data updated on the volume, minimizing the amount of data to be transferred.
- The initial copy of the data can be performed locally to reduce the burden of large data transfers to wide area networks.
Flexible Architecture, Simple Management
- Supports replication across both Fiber Channel and Ethernet for local and remote replication requirements.
- Replication wizard simplifies the tasks of setting up and establishing replication pairs from one unified, easy-to-use GUI.
- Remote Snap enables both local and remote data recovery depending on the need. Since it is based on snapshot technology, Remote Snap can isolate problems to a specific point in time which can be selected by the administrator. Remote Snap also supports longer distance replication.
- Leveraging the integrated 64-Snapshots and the Volume Copy standard on the P200 G3 MSA Array, the Remote Snap cost-effectively creates the local or remote copies.
- RPO describes the acceptable amount of data loss measured in time. RTO is the duration of time until a business process is restored RPO, and RTO are the key metrics for a company to assess their business continuity plans and find a balance between cost and recovery level
HP Recovery Manager Software
Is your data protection solution causing your Exchange/SQL administrative costs to spiral out of control? HP Recovery Manager Software for Microsoft Exchange Server and Microsoft SQL Server eases administration by providing efficient online backup and recovery of entire Microsoft Exchange Server/SQL databases from multiple, highly granular points in time. Recovery Manager intelligently creates and manages highly granular and capacity-efficient Exchange/SQL database aware snapshots.
These snapshots can then be used to quickly restore Exchange/SQL instances or databases, or to non-disruptively back them up to tape for near-continuous data protection. Since Recovery Manager is built on HP P2000 G3 Snapshot software multiple snapshots can be kept online economically, allowing for extended or frequent Exchange/SQL database recovery points.
Supported Hardware Environment:
HP P2000 G3 MSA disk arrays
Simplifies Backup and Recovery Functionality in Microsoft Exchange and Microsoft SQL Environments
- Leverages array based replication solutions to enable scores of snapshots to be kept online economically-allowing for extended or frequent Exchange/SQL database recovery points.
- Integration with Microsoft VSS provides a standardized interface for creating snapshots; Recovery Manager's advanced scheduler feature provides automated snapshot creation to control administration costs.
- Snapshot instances are managed efficiently, from an easy-to-use graphical user interface on the host that helps control costs.
- Can be used to make a variety of scenarios simpler and more efficient, including creating snapshots for testing and development purposes.
- Enables Exchange/SQL database to be quickly recovered to a known point in time or to the point of failure, speeding up a variety of operations including rapid recovery of the production Exchange/SQL server.
Enables Granular and Flexible Recovery Point Objectives and Recovery Time Objectives
- Eliminates the backup window and associated "race to daylight" by integrating with Microsoft VSS to power the creation of hundreds of non-disruptive, application-consistent snapshots for off-host backup.
- Scalable, non-duplicative snapshots allow administrators a greater number of backups for a frequent extended history of recovery points, giving flexibility when committing to a given Recovery Point Objective (RPO).
- Delivers the flexibility to restore from snapshot, independently roll forward the logs (via fast D2D restore) or to directly and instantaneously mount the snapshot on the host, which allows administrators to offer increasingly aggressive Recovery Time Objective (RTO) SLAs to customers.
- Integration with backup products such as HP Data Protector and Symantec NetBackup delivers fast, reliable backup to tape and recovery staging to disk from tape.