HP StoreFabric SN1000Q
16GB PCIe Fibre Channel Host Bus Adapter
Looking for a high bandwidth solution to meet the requirements of increasing server virtualization and consolidation? Finding it difficult to realize the full bandwidth potential of your server running I/O intensive applications? HP StoreFabric SN1000 16Gb Host Bus Adapters enable more rapid storage and retrieval of critical information when using high bandwidth cloud applications and storage intensive applications such as backup, database transactions and rich media. Designed for environments with greater virtual machine density and bandwidth requirements, the SN1000 16Gb HBAs enable more applications and virtual machines to run on a single server and port, resulting in reduced cabling and higher return on IT investment. A 16Gb FC HBA is backward compatible with 8 and 4Gb storage networks and will protect future investments.
With the ability to deliver twice the I/O performance of 8Gb FC HBAs, the SN1000 16Gb HBAs take Storage Networking performance and efficiency to the next level.
Features and Benefits:
The Highest Performing Fibre Channel Host Bus Adapters
- The HP StoreFabric SN1000 16Gb Host Bus Adapters deliver twice the I/O performance of 8Gb Fibre Channel HBAs.
- Moving to 16Gb technology provides the infrastructure required for the more powerful servers and data intensive applications of the future.
- When using storage intensive applications like backup/restore, database transactions, virtualization and rich media, the improved I/O performance enables faster storage and retrieval of data.
Best Fibre Channel HBAs for Virtualization
- Ideal for the implementation of virtual servers with the power to drive multiple virtual machines.
- Allows a single port to acquire multiple N Port IDs, eliminating the need for additional physical ports.
- Datacenter administrators do not need to concern themselves with multiple requests from the virtualized servers potentially creating conflict.
- Improves host utilization and enhances application performance.
Next Generation HBAs with Improved IOPS Performance per Watt
- Power savings result in lower operating expenditure.
|1-port Adapter (QW971A)||2-port Adapter (QW972A)|
|Port speed||16 Gb/s Fibre Channel||16 Gb/s Fibre Channel|
|Slot type||PCIe to Fibre Channel|
|Compatible operating systems||
|Compatible array platforms||
|Dimensions and Weight|
(W x D x H)
|20.32 x 27.94 x 0 in|
|Differentiator||Single port 16Gb Fibre Channel PCIe HBA||Dual port 16Gb Fibre Channel PCIe HBA|
|Warranty - year(s) (parts/labor/onsite)||3/0/0||3/0/0|
|What's in the box||(1) 16Gb HBA with standard bracket, (1) 16 Gb/s SFP+, low-profile bracket, documentation||(1) 16Gb HBA with standard bracket, (2) 16 Gb/s SFP+, low-profile bracket, documentation|