HP StoreOnce 6500 Backup Base System
Scale and resiliency
Please visit our HPE's Servers & Storage site for the latest HPE's storage products
Need to take the pain out of enterprise backup and disaster recovery? You need a scalable backup solution that reduces management overheads, cuts storage costs and matches data growth. HP StoreOnce 6500 provides efficient disk based backup with data deduplication for consolidated data protection and disaster recovery of remote offices and more cost-effective onsite data retention.
Industry leading scale-out capacity and performance means that you can start out with 120 TB of raw capacity and grow to 2240 TB (1728 TB usable) at speeds of up to 139 TB/hr with StoreOnce Catalyst to meet ever shrinking backup windows and deliver rapid restore. Federated Catalyst that can reduce management in large environments.
Designed with no single point of failure – the StoreOnce 6500 delivers high availability backup that seamlessly integrates with your current backup environments. StoreOnce Catalyst can simplify and control data movement from other StoreOnce products using a single pane of glass.
Features and Benefits:
Industry-leading, Scale-out Architecture to Meet Enterprise Requirements
- Scale-out architecture allows you to pay as you grow. Choose capacity points available through virtual backup solutions or dedicated appliances that start small and allow you to add in virtual capacity, shelves or nodes.
- With a range of capacity points to suit all requirements from small remote offices to enterprise data centers with centralized monitoring through StoreOnce Enterprise Manager.
- For enterprise data centers the StoreOnce 6500 scales from 120 TB raw (72 TB usable) to 2240 TB raw (1728 TB usable). With StoreOnce Federated Catalyst whose benefit is that it reduces the number of stores, and management, of large environments.
- For mid-size data centers choose StoreOnce 6500, scale from 24 TB raw (15.5 TB usable) to 24 TB raw (31.5 TB usable) or StoreOnce 6500 or 6500 to scale from 24 TB raw (16 TB usable) to 192 TB raw (160 TB usable), or StoreOnce 6500 to scale from 60 TB raw (36 TB usable) to 560 TB raw (432 TB usable).
- For small and remote offices choose the StoreOnce VSA virtual appliance, now with support for KVM, it is licensed at 4 TB, 10 TB and 50 TB capacity points. Or the entry-level StoreOnce 6500 appliance for 8 TB raw (5.5 TB usable).
Federated Deduplication Across the Enterprise with a Single Deduplication Technology - StoreOnce
- Deduplicate anywhere -- at the application source or at the backup server or at the target appliance. Deduplicate where it makes sense for your business, not where technology vendors’ limitations mandate.
- Save time and money by moving data around the enterprise in its deduplicated state.
- HP StoreOnce delivers a unified solution for seamless data movement across the enterprise; with cost-effective virtual backup machines ideal for smaller remote offices, high-performance dedicated appliances for larger sites, and highly scalable, powerful systems for your data center.
- Federated Deduplication is available across the HP StoreOnce Backup portfolio – including dedicated appliances, virtual backup solutions, and on media servers and application servers with HP Data Protector, Symantec NetBackup and Backup Exec software through OST, Oracle RMAN and BridgeHead software.
- HP StoreOnce Federated Catalyst in a multi-node system allows Catalyst stores to span nodes simplifying backup management and optimizing available storage in large environments.
Backup within your Window with our Industry Leading Backup Performance
- A broad range of superior price/performance points to meet backup windows across the enterprise.
- Up to 100 TB/hour backup speeds at the high-end, with price/performance points down to the entry-level 1 TB/hour with StoreOnce Catalyst.
- Up to 40 TB/hour native backup speeds when used as a VTL target.
- Up to 40 TB/hour industry leading restore speeds. StoreOnce Backup restores at the same speed as native ingest.
- Available as purpose built backup appliances or flexible VMware virtual appliance with centralized monitoring through StoreOnce Enterprise Manager.
Automated, Efficient Backup and Disaster Recovery Operations with StoreOnce Catalyst
- Manage backup and Disaster Recovery operations from a single pane of glass with StoreOnce Catalyst.
- Implement Disaster Recovery plans that were not previously feasible due to lack of multi-site capabilities, cost of bandwidth and time.
- One-to-many Disaster Recovery moves data simultaneously from one site to many sites.
- Cascaded Disaster Recovery moves data sequentially from one site to any number of other sites.
- Alerting and trending in StoreOnce Enterprise Manager to enable backup capacity management.
HP Technology Services:
Choose from a rich portfolio of services to make the most of HP Storage, so you can move with confidence to take full advantage of the broadest, most advanced portfolio in the industry.
Expert HP storage consultants and service professionals—sit down with you and your team to map your storage needs. Not only can we help you accelerate implementation and reduce deployment risk, but we can also help you realize the full value of your storage purchases as you transform storage for the New Style of IT.
Advise, transform, and integrate
- Navigate through the complexities of storage, backup, archive, disaster recovery, and Big Data with advisory, transformation, and integration consulting.
Deploy and implement
- Access expertise to support deployment, operations, relocation, sanitization, and disposal, plus improvement-focused education.
Operate and support
- meet service level agreements (SLAs) with the right support level. Choose from three levels of operate and support care
- Foundation Care
- System-level IT hardware and software support delivers flexible coverage window and response time for more choice and simplicity.
- Proactive Care
- Combined reactive and proactive services provide easy-to-purchase, cost-efficient system-level support coupled with personalized expert advice and products connected to HP to help prevent problems and reduce downtime.
- HP Proactive Care Advanced—builds and incorporates on Proactive Care and also gives customers personalized technical and operational advice from an assigned, local Account Support Manager for personalized technical collaboration, flexible access to specialist skills to help optimize business critical IT, and Enhanced Critical Incident Management to help so the business is not affected if there is a system or device outage.
- Datacenter Care
- Get the support you need to deploy, operate, and evolve your data center environment to be hybrid-cloud ready with single-point-of-accountability for HP and others’ product. Get connected and get back to business—HP Storage Technology Services provide the path to get your HP Storage solutions and your business connected to HP. Once connected, our experts are able to scan your system and run health checks, then use that data to create personalized reports and recommendations for actions to take to prevent problems and downtime.
If none of our support recommendations meets your needs, we can tailor a service solution for your unique support requirements. Only HP brings together deep expertise, proactive and business-critical support, and a strong partner network—plus a full set of infrastructure services designed to power a converged infrastructure.