HP XP P9500 Disk Array
Bulletproof storage for mission-critical data
Please visit our HPE's Servers & Storage site for the latest HPE's storage products
Does your data center fear a catastrophic failure? Designed for organizations that simply cannot afford any downtime, HP XP P9500 Storage combines a high-performance, online-scalable, fully redundant hardware platform with unique data replication capabilities integrated with clustering solutions for complete business continuity.
The HP XP P9500 Storage is bulletproof storage for mission-critical Converged Infrastructure where constant access to data is required—even in the event of a disaster. Designed for organizations that cannot afford any downtime, the XP P9500 combines a high-performance online scalable fully redundant hardware platform with unique data replication capabilities integrated with clustering solutions for complete business continuity. The HP XP P9000 Software Family decreases the complexities of critical data management.
Through thin provisioning, organizations can improve storage utilization. Virtualization simplifies the management of diverse systems. Smart Tiers improve storage performance and controls costs. Consolidation becomes a reality by managing open systems, mainframe, and HP NonStop applications all on a single XP P9500.
Features and Benefits:
Resilient Constant Data Availability Allows Operations to Continue No Matter What Happens
- Operating a business demands constant uptime; the risk of data loss or downtime is always at the forefront. The HP XP P9500 mitigates that risk, since all components are redundant, hot-swappable, and can be upgraded online.
- With a large-scale disaster, you need to not only have high levels of data protection but also business continuance. XP P9500 Storage supports a clustering solution that allows remote mirroring to be integrated with a high availability server cluster to provide multi-site disaster recovery.
- Your data is protected even if power goes out as the XP P9500 write cache data is backed up in a Solid State Drive. RAID 6 adds fault tolerance. Continuous Track checks the XP P9500 for unseen issues, and the end-to-end checksum confirms data integrity from host port to disk and back.
- Decrease your exposure to data loss with the security features in the HP XP P9000 Array Manager Software. Reduce the risk of unauthorized access, prevent unauthorized modification, and protect your information at the end of its lifecycle by completely deleting data on a specified volume.
Reduce the Cost and Complexity of Storage Through Efficient Data Management
- Increase data center efficiency using the HP XP P9500 Storage virtualization with Thin Provisioning Software, heterogeneous External Storage, local and remote multi-site replication, smart tiered capacity, and online data migration.
- The XP P9500 has an easy to use task based GUI; Common/Consistent Command Line Interface (CLI); simplified serviceability, and simple provisioning with one-click volume creation, dynamic/automatic provisioning and optimization.
- Save power and cooling costs on the XP P9500 with thin provisioning and smart tiers that decrease stranded storage, thereby reducing the unused storage that consumes power, requires cooling, and takes up space.
- The XP P9500 uses standard size 19-inch racks with 2.5-inch form factor drives to easily fit into existing data center space and improves the capacity/square meter.
- Simplify operations and reduce costs by consolidating multiple applications onto a single XP P9500. By having multiple hosts running diverse operating systems connected to the XP P9500, you can better manage the environment and simplify the implementation of backups and disaster recovery solutions.
Accelerate Business Growth with Swift Adaptability
- Thin provisioning provides the flexibility you need to respond quickly to new demands on the XP P9500. You can now configure all the capacity you will need for the future, only buy what you need today. HP XP P9000 Thin Provisioning Software automatically allocates capacity as applications need it.
- The dilemma of overbuying capacity today or planning for a costly “forklift” upgrade tomorrow is now history. The XP P9500 scales seamlessly. Main components can be added or replaced without shutting down critical operations. Simply buy what you need now and grow as your needs change.
- Flash Module caters to your extreme performance and low latency needs which are efficiently met with the higher performance lower cost solid-state non-volatile data capacity.
- With the XP P9500 you get ultimate performance for your 24/7 demands to deliver your critical data at break-neck speed.
- The XP P9500 offers the flexibility you need to meet your performance and availability objectives.
|HP XP P9500|
|Drive description||(2048) SFF SAS Maximum Supported|
|Cache||1TB Maximum Supported|
|Frames (range)||1 - 6|
|Supported operating systems||
|RAID support||RAID 1 (2D + 2D), RAID 1 (4D + 4D), RAID 5 (3D + 1P), RAID 5 (7D + 1P), RAID 5 (14D + 2P), RAID 5 (28D + 4P), and RAID 6 (6D + 2P)|
|Dimensions and Weight|
(W x D x H)
|37.5 x 51 x 83 in|
|Differentiator||The XP P9500 is a Structured Solution Product. AV399A is a zero-price ordering mechanism that is used as an "umbrella" product to indicate that this is a new XP P9500 order.|
|Warranty - year(s) (parts/labor/onsite)||3/3/3|
|What's in the box||The XP P9500 will be configured using the Structured Solution Program (SSP). The SSP will be used as a vehicle to implement solution delivery of XP P9500 hardware, XP P9000 software, and XP P9500 upgrades.|
|HP XP P9000 Software|
|HP XP P9000 Array Manager||The HP XP P9000 Array Manager software provides Web-based access control, volume management, performance control, and data security for the XP P9500 Storage. Configure and manage all host access to the XP P9500 Storage so that you have efficient access to your data. Configure and manage data volumes for most effective use of your XP P9500 Storage. Partition array resources to isolate applications and reserve cache memory for your most frequently-accessed data. Create read-only volumes for archiving and data retention, and securely delete data when necessary.||Required|
|HP XP P9000 Thin Provisioning||The HP XP P9000 Thin Provisioning software allows you to supply disk storage capacity to your applications from a pool of virtualized storage. By enabling you to allocate your anticipated future storage capacity needs from virtual disk storage, P9000 Thin Provisioning software reduces the amount of physical disk capacity initially required. As utilization of physical disk space increases over time, you can purchase more disk capacity as needed, and install it without affecting your applications. Put an end to the guesswork around capacity planning and reduce the cost of volume management.||Optional|
|HP XP P9000 External Storage||HP XP P9000 External Storage software decreases the stress and cost of owning heterogeneous data storage by simplifying and centralizing common SAN management tasks though storage virtualization. In addition, it simplifies movement of data between dissimilar arrays. XP P9000 External Storage software provides these benefits by giving storage administrators the ability to access, monitor, and manage data residing on a variety of different disk arrays as if all of the data were residing on the XP P9500 Storage.||Optional|
|HP XP P9000 Command View Advanced Edition||HP XP P9000 Command View Advanced Edition (AE) software is a full-featured XP P9500 device manager, incorporating disk array management, configuration, and monitoring. It supports the HP Storage Essentials suite of products. XP P9000 Command View AE monitors storage resources quickly and easily. It automates storage management processes, delivering more efficient utilization and control across distributed enterprise storage. Easy access is provided to the XP P9500 Remote Web Console, which can be launched from the GUI.||Optional|
|HP XP P9000 Business Copy||HP XP P9000 Business Copy software is a local replication solution that provides data copies within a single XP P9500, or in storage systems attached to the XP P9500 as external storage. The XP P9000 Business Copy software uses array-based mirror and snapshot technologies that do not interfere with host-level operations, allowing you to spend your time conducting business rather than worrying about how backup and testing operations will impact your systems.||Optional|
|HP XP P9000 Continuous Access Synchronous||HP XP P9000 Continuous Access Synchronous software provides high-availability data and disaster recovery solutions that deliver host-independent, real-time, synchronous remote data mirroring between HP XP P9500 Storage and other XP disk arrays. With seamless integration into a full spectrum of remote mirroring-based solutions, this product can be deployed in solutions ranging from data migration to high-availability server clustering.||Optional|
|HP XP P9000 Smart Tiers||HP XP P9000 Smart Tiers software improves storage performance, decreases response times, and controls costs by transparently migrating data to appropriate storage tiers within the XP P9500. The most frequently used data is moved to the highest performance, most expensive media type, insuring maximum utilization of more expensive disks, SSDs or XP Flash Modules. Data is monitored and migrated to a different tier online based on policies set by the user.||Optional|
|HP XP P9000 Performance Advisor||HP XP P9000 Performance Advisor software is a Web-based application for collecting, monitoring, and displaying the real-time performance of your XP P9500. With P9000 Performance Advisor software, you choose the time and duration of performance data collection—so you can identify activities that significantly impact your disk array and tune the array accordingly. You can easily monitor storage performance and display usage statistics for the XP P9500 at any level, from a complete system overview down to individual components.||Optional|
|HP XP P9000 Auto LUN||HP XP P9000 Auto LUN software provides automatic monitoring and load balancing for the XP P9500. Make the most efficient use of your disk arrays by moving high-priority tasks to underutilized volumes. You set performance goals and limits, and the P9000 Auto LUN software does the rest. It proposes a migration plan and estimates how much your storage performance will improve when it's done. The P9000 Auto LUN software lets you evaluate disk array usage and determine whether resources are overloaded or out of balance.||Optional|
HP Technology Services:
Tap into the HP Technology Services advantage—backed by the strategic and technical know-how of our consulting experts—for a single-source solution that makes the most of your investments. Choose from services recommended for XP P9500 Storage that meet your business needs.
For mission-critical environments demanding the highest levels performance and stability:
- Support: HP Critical Service, plus, 20 Proactive Select credits per year
- Additional options: 10 Proactive Select credits per year
For business-critical environments that need to maintain the highest level of uptime:
- Support: HP Critical Service, plus, 10 Proactive Select credits per year
- Additional options: 10 Proactive Select credits per year
For the minimum recommended support:
- Support: HP Proactive 24 Service
- Additional options: 10 Proactive Select credits per year
Additional HP Storage Services recommendations Deployment Services
- HP P9000 Disk Array Family Installation & Startup Service
Discovery, Planning and Design services
- HP Performance Analysis Service for HP Disk Arrays
- HP Virtual Volume Design and Implementation Service
- HP Enhanced Implementation Service for SANs
- HP Data Replication Solution Service for HP Business Copy
- HP Data Replication Solution Service for HP Continuous Access
- HP Cluster Extension Solution Implementation Service
If none of our support recommendations meet your needs, we can tailor a service solution for your unique support requirements. Only HP brings together deep expertise, proactive and business critical support and a strong partner network—plus, a full set of infrastructure services designed to power a Converged Infrastructure.
Download the HP XP P9500 Storage Datasheet (PDF).